self-platform-dev

Re: [Self-platform-dev] Install questions

From: matiasb
Subject: Re: [Self-platform-dev] Install questions
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 14:34:29 -0300 (ART)

>>  >>  IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory:
>>  >>
>> '/home/matiasb/SelfInstance/var/GB/self/gbobjecttypes/C/o/CourseCategory/coursecategorystruct'
>>  >>

>>  That file doesn't exist, and it is not created during install. Am I
>> doing
>>  something wrong? What should I do?
>
> I am certain that you are not doing anything wrong.  The installation
> procedure mentioned is very likely not complete.  Bipin, can you chip
> in, since I do not know at  what stage is the pickled file created.

I finally got the file coursecategorystruct created, by executing the
external method picklecoursecat; now I have access to collections.
However I'm still having several problems when adding collections or
courses, or editing them. I have been fixing some of these issues locally,
but it takes time for me to detect where the problem is. But, in the other
hand, I see that the platform working on cselfish works "better" than the
copy I had checked out from the cvs repo, and in fact there seems to be
differences (for example, I could see that the edit link urls are
differents, and after updating my copy, it worked).
The question is: can I have access to the code used in cselfish? or
shouldn't be the cvs repo updated to that same code?
Thanks.
Best regards,
Matías.