self-platform-dev

[Self-platform-dev] SELF homepage at testing and other Beta migration is

From: Nagarjuna G.
Subject: [Self-platform-dev] SELF homepage at testing and other Beta migration issues
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2008 21:05:35 +0530

On Thu, Mar 13, 2008 at 10:40 PM, Wouter Tebbens
 <address@hidden> wrote:
 > Hi there,
 >
 >  As we just agreed today to do the migration of the SELF.Beta at Bselfish
 >  for next Wednesday (19 March), I am thinking of what needs to be taken
 >  care of to do all that smoothly.
 >
 >  As Nagarjuna told us this morning, of Phase I of the roadmap most things
 >  are already implemented. Some smaller work has still to be done on
 >  Import/Export SCORM, on i18n, on Bookshelf & FileMgr and Search. More
 >  work has to be done on Comparing and Merging UI and on QA mechanisms.
 >
 >  That means that we should have the major part of the features working
 >  next Wednesday. That is really great!
 >
 >  Thinking of it there seem to be some things we need to double check.
 >
 >  1 the testing server hompage doesn't work at all:
 >  http://testing.selfplatform.eu:8081/selfplatform/
 >
 >  why not?

 this is working from my end, could be intermittent problem.

 >  2. replacing the Beta and reimporting content from scratch into the new
 >  BETA. Today we discussed that the current content will be exported as
 >  far as that is considered relevant by the authors themselves (I just
 >  sent a message to discussion and address@hidden . eu). And most LO's are
 >  SCORM objects produced at Atutor that we can import right away.

 as soon as the image url's are rewritten after the import, we can
 begin the migration process.  we will update asap.

 >  What about those materials at the current SELF.Beta that still need to
 >  be exported, as the SELF Help and About objects?
 >
 >  http://beta.selfplatform.eu/selfbeta/Members/selfuser/course2/course_manage
 >
 >  Export seems not to work at the SELF.Beta. Or did I miss something?

 will check this get back to the list.

 >  3. Preparing the BSELFISH server for the new release, including
 >  Postgres. Is all set?

 nothing done as yet, but this is not a major work.

 >  4. Installing the working version of SELF from CVS onto BSELFISH. Is the
 >  CVS version indeed the latest code, the code that we are testing at
 >  CSELFISH? I agree with Federico's view on the use of CVS. All code
 >  should come from CVS and bugfixes should be recorded at CVS right away.

 I will talk to the developers and find out where things are going
 wrong, and why there are mismatches.

 Nagarjuna