self-platform-dev

Re: [Self-platform-dev] SELF homepage at testing and other Beta migratio

From: Wouter Tebbens
Subject: Re: [Self-platform-dev] SELF homepage at testing and other Beta migration issues
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 15:24:04 +0100

Dear Nagarjuna and all,

Nagarjuna G. wrote:
On Thu, Mar 13, 2008 at 10:40 PM, Wouter Tebbens wrote:
 1 the testing server hompage doesn't work at all:
 http://testing.selfplatform.eu:8081/selfplatform/

 why not?

this is working from my end, could be intermittent problem.
Strange, not here, not even intermittent. I even tried logging in as the session variables might influence this, but no. Then I tried with the other subdomain and no it didn't work (at my side) either: http://cselfish.selfplatform.eu:8081/selfplatform

Nagarjuna, if you say that you render the homepage correctly, what do you exactly do / what URL do you visit?

One would expect http://cselfish.selfplatform.eu:8081/ to render the home... so tomorrow we would render it like that on beta.selfplatform.eu

 2. replacing the Beta and reimporting content from scratch into the new
 BETA. Today we discussed that the current content will be exported as
 far as that is considered relevant by the authors themselves (I just
 sent a message to discussion and address@hidden . eu). And most LO's are
 SCORM objects produced at Atutor that we can import right away.

as soon as the image url's are rewritten after the import, we can
begin the migration process.  we will update asap.
I understand. How far is the rewrite of img url's?

 What about those materials at the current SELF.Beta that still need to
 be exported, as the SELF Help and About objects?

 http://beta.selfplatform.eu/selfbeta/Members/selfuser/course2/course_manage

 Export seems not to work at the SELF.Beta. Or did I miss something?

will check this get back to the list.
Thanks, let me know!

 3. Preparing the BSELFISH server for the new release, including
 Postgres. Is all set?

nothing done as yet, but this is not a major work.
Who is working on that?

 4. Installing the working version of SELF from CVS onto BSELFISH. Is the
 CVS version indeed the latest code, the code that we are testing at
 CSELFISH? I agree with Federico's view on the use of CVS. All code
 should come from CVS and bugfixes should be recorded at CVS right away.

I will talk to the developers and find out where things are going
wrong, and why there are mismatches.
Thanks!

Let us know where you guys are and what we can do to help.

Best,

Wouter