Re: [Simulavr-devel] Problem with gdb (not simulavr)

From: Tak Auyeung
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] Problem with gdb (not simulavr)
Date: Tue, 01 Jan 2002 16:02:03 -0800

I have done some digging and found the problem was with avr_pointer_to_address in gdb/avr-tdep.c. Currently, it only takes TYPE_CODE_FUNC and TYPE_CODE_METHOD to translate to code space, everything else gets translated to SRAM space.

Turns out when gdb disassembles, the pointers to be translated to addresses are of TYPE_CODE_VOID. A quick hack to add the acceptance of TYPE_CODE_VOID as part of code space confirmed this.

Now I'll check where gdb constructs the pointers for disassembly and see if I can fix it there...

--Tak

:)In addition, when I tried to disassemble the program (location 0 to 8), :)the debugger tries to read back 0x800000 to 0x800007. It appears gdb :)gets confused about whether the code space has the flag or the data :)space has the flag.

Yeah, I've been battling this flash/sram space problem for a while now and I'm really not totally satisfied with my solution.