Re: [Simulavr-devel] New 0.0.13-pre1 works well

From: Theodore A. Roth
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] New 0.0.13-pre1 works well
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2002 16:03:10 -0700 (MST)

On Fri, 4 Jan 2002, address@hidden wrote:

:)> Gdb doesn't send anything that anything to the remote that will let it
:)> know that you want to reset the simulavr's state. Something needs to
:)> happen such that gdb can send a reset signal. Using 'load' is not enough.
:)> For instance, I can see that once I run up to a breakpoint and then issue
:)> a 'load' command from gdb, the sim's sreg value is unchanged. Not really
:)> what you want. I've got some ideas, see below.
:)I though this isn't enough.

I don't quite understand what you're saying here.

:)> the sim. This works well for me, but I'm not doing any serious debugging
:)> of avr programs with the simulator.
:)If you don't use the simulator, why are you programming one?

It's fun for me and I'm learning about how the avr's work (and gdb and gcc
and gas and ... ). I'd also like to get into embedded systems more
careerwise.

Ted