[Simulavr-devel] New 0.0.13-pre1 works well

From: reinhard . jessich
Subject: [Simulavr-devel] New 0.0.13-pre1 works well
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2002 01:31:30 +0100

I have done some test with the gdb interaction and I think it works well (C
code).
I could apply my doc_2 patch after the small change in the patch.

I have discoverd, that it is possible to restart a simulation without rerun of
simulavr. I used the load command to do this. This will set the registers
including the PC. gdb will set the PC to 0 with this command.

I don't know what you are plan to do with the extended protocol, but I think if
we add a detection in gdb_write_registers, that the PC is set to 0, we can
interpret this as a target reset and restart the simulation. This detection is
maybe not necessary until now (don't know the details inside the simulator),
but if the external interface is connected, we need to send a reset command to
this external interface.

What do you think?

Regards,
    Reinhard

--
 Ing. Reinhard Jessich              mailto: address@hidden
 A-1190 Vienna, Goergengasse 2/2/1  phone: +43/1/3692600