Re: [Simulavr-devel] 13-pre3 patch

From: Theodore A. Roth
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] 13-pre3 patch
Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2002 18:01:14 -0700 (MST)

On Mon, 7 Jan 2002, address@hidden wrote:

:)On Sun, 06 Jan 2002, Theodore A. Roth wrote:
:)> The 13-pre3 patch is ready. Apply it to a clean 0.0.12 release.
:)>
:)> Please try it out and let me know about any problems.
:)>
:)> Here's the url:
:)>
:)>   http://res099095.halls.colostate.edu/programs/simulavr/patches/
:)>     simulavr-0.0.12-0.0.13-pre3.patch.gz
:)Patch applied       -> no problems.
:)bootstrap             -> no problems
:)make distcheck   -> no problems

Good. That's what I want to hear. ;)

:)
:)I have done a short test with deep_frame.c and
:)signal SIGHUP folloed by a
:)load works as expected.

After gdb sends the SIGHUP to the sim, the sim replies with SIGTRAP and
gdb asks for registers. Thus, you shouldn't have to give the 'load'
command to restart debugging. Unless, that is, you have changed the object
file, which would require loading the flash again.

Resetting the simulator does not clear out the flash. The reason for this
behaviour is because the avr_core_reset() function is also used when a
watchdog reset occurs.

I only problem I see with doing things this way (with respect to gdb and
SIGHUP) is that if you change your object file and the new one is smaller
than that already loaded into flash, you will have some opcodes at the end
which remain. Now if this is good or bad, I don't know.

:)
:)Good work!

Thank you.

Ted