Re: [Simulavr-devel] Timer(s)

From: Hermann Kraus
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] Timer(s)
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 17:06:58 +0200

On Mon, 20 Oct 2003 10:19:22 -0700 (PDT), Keith Gudger <address@hidden> wrote:
Hermann:

If it would help you (it would help me), I can work on just implementing
the timers part of the patch.  Any instruction(s) you can give me about
this are appreciated.  Thanks.
Keith

Hello Keith,

I'm sorry, but just applying the timer part is not possible as it heavily
depends on the bitpos patch. My development started with the timers on an mega16, then I saw that simulavr had problems with handling the different position of the bits in their registers (can you tell us, why atmel chose this way)? So theses two patches where developed at the same time. This is the reason why it is so difficult to split them. But as the timer functions are nearly a complete rewrite (even "diff" gets confused in some parts of this file and just syncs on the empty lines) I decided to take the bitpos patch first. When this patch is finally in cvs you can help me to split the timer patch into smaller units. That would be great!

Hermann