Re: [Simulavr-devel] SimulAVR + simulated hardware

From: Russell Shaw
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] SimulAVR + simulated hardware
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 15:40:39 +1100

Bruce R'. Miller wrote:
On Wednesday 14 January 2004 21:49, Bill wrote:

I must also point out that I hope T Roth doesn't take this the wrong
way. I greatly appreciate his efforts in the AVR tools. (I know he is
also involved with avr-libc) I really think that he and at least a few
of us are coming at this from different angles... It is also worth

Let me be clear as well:

TR rules!
C++ rules!
(TR + C++) totally rules!

I find the complexity of the C++ language woeful, even tho i fully
understand it. I find that applications are made more modular and
easier to understand and maintain if the lower level detail parts
that need speed and efficiency are done in C, and these modules are
glued together at a higher level for the application in tcl. This
also makes it easy for the application to be scriptable if required.
For pure objectiveness, the higher level app can be done in python and
the various modules done in C. Any gui interface can be done in Tk too.