[Simulavr-devel] docs and naming [was: Re: Emergency Makefile and config

From: E. Weddington
Subject: [Simulavr-devel] docs and naming [was: Re: Emergency Makefile and config.h for manual configuration]
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 11:16:08 -0700

Klaus Rudolph wrote:

This is OT, but it is my hope that the new SimulAVR will have updated documentation at some point, and then once things have stabilized, the build instructions can be put into the documentation.

Sorry for the delay of documentation in simulavrxx. But at first point we try to set up the features and after that doing the documentation.

I *completely* understand. :-) I just meant that *eventually* there will be new and perhaps more complete documentation. I know that everything takes time...

I have another item that I would like to address, and that is naming.

I know that the new program has been called simulavrxx, to show that it has a C++ code base.

But ultimately it was derived from simulavr, which I think is a fine name.

I feel that if you continue to call it simulavrxx, it will just make it more confusing to users as to what it is.

I would like to propose that you call it simulavr, but with a different version number please. I understand that the internals are vastly different.

Eric