Re: AW: [Simulavr-devel] docs and naming [was: Re: Emergency Makefile an

From: E. Weddington
Subject: Re: AW: [Simulavr-devel] docs and naming [was: Re: Emergency Makefile and config.h for manual configuration]
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 10:23:00 -0700

Frost_Tobias wrote:

Well, I do not really understand the purpose and the sense of the discussion
about the naming of simulavrxx...

My intent was not to kill simulavr; it's just that users will have questions, such as:
- Why is it called SimulAVRXX now, instead of SimulAVR?
- What's the difference between simulavrxx and simulavr?
- Why didn't they keep the name simulavr? and just change the version

Thanks, Tobi, But *I* already know the answers to these questions. You don't have to explain them to me. The above is rhetorical: other users of WinAVR will perhaps ask those questions and I was just making sure that the admins are prepared to answer these. As Bill already responded to my original question, this thread has been moot now.....