Re: [Simulavr-devel] [patch #1764] ATmega timer0 implementation specific

From: Paul Schlie
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] [patch #1764] ATmega timer0 implementation specifics and sleep handling
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 20:06:13 -0500

Please do not close (i.e. please re-open) the patch unless you know
it's not appropriate for simulavr; as closing it without applying it,
only obscures it's existence. (where I'd guess that although not active,
Ted would be willing to add a comment about his sense of comfort with the
patch being applied to the current HEAD.)

Given your recent frustration with fielding questions from folks trying
to build simularxx, which is dependant on more third-party SW being
installed than simulavr is; designating simulavr a dead-end may be
premature, as it's better than the alternative of nothing, even if
presently lacking of an active maintainer, as things do change.

Thanks for your consideration, and although know it's easy to get
frustrated by things on occasion, please don't make hasty unnecessary
decisions about the fate of simulavr until truly necessary to do so;
as I for at least one can state that I'm glad it's available.

-paul-