Re: [Simulavr-devel] A new simulavrxx user

From: Klaus Rudolph
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] A new simulavrxx user
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 12:33:54 +0100 (MET)

Hi Till,

> The anacomp example does it as well. If i enable the tracing window in
> checkdebug.tcl i see, that the emulation is running as long as the
> debugger
> starts up. Once the debugger is running, the trace stops and the
> simulation
> is under control of ddd/gdb.

That is what we want :-) If you give a cont in gdb you wil continue
simulation. Maybe there is a missunderstanding...
> I was asking for the pipe on port 0x20. I didn't know what exactly
> ask for since i only found it mentioned once in the archives.
>
> I added the same function to port 0x66 on the mega128 and it works fine,
> thanks!

Fine!

> > You can also use the pipe interface for that reason. There is
> > a "special" version of at90s8515 as example where you have a
> > simulated hardware register which is piped to a named unix pipe.
> Yes, that's what i am using now. Great!
>
> > But I am wondering why you do not use the normal gdb debugger with
> > breakpoints? This works fine, if not please write a mail :-)
> The code does debug and info outputs and i just wanted to keep getting
> them.
> On the real device this is sent via rs232, but i the emulated rs232 is
> slower, has the problems with the special chars. I just like the pipe
> thing :-) And since my rs232 code is not the one i have problems with i
> don't
> care if it isn't included in the simulation.
>
> And yes, of course i'll be using the debugger. That's the whole point of
> using
> simulavrxx.

Can you describe what problem you have with gui and gdb? I have
not understand this point :-)

Bye
   Klaus

--
DSL Komplett von GMX +++ Supergünstig und stressfrei einsteigen!
AKTION "Kein Einrichtungspreis" nutzen: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl