Re: [Simulavr-devel] OSX compilation

From: E. Weddington
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] OSX compilation
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 21:42:42 -0600

Jakob Schwendner wrote:

Hi,

I am currently trying to get simulavrxx to work on OS X 10.3.9. I have read the
thread on this subject earlier in this group, but it seemed to have died
without a resolution.
After altering the generated makefiles to manually point to libiberty and the
tcl stuff, the compilation went quite far and only stop at the generation of
simulavr.so. This is because the osx gcc doesn't know about the -shared flag as
I learned. I understand that for a shared librarary to work you need to set
some no-commons flag. Tryed that, but no joy.
However, I noticed that even without the .so file it actually creates a
simulavr executable which seems to start. It doesn't seem to accept any elf
files though (I tried the .elf files generated by avr-binutils) (says something
like illegal opcode found).
Anything you guys could help me with?

Do you need to build a shared lib? Can you use -no-shared? (Sorry, but I'm not familiar with OSX.)

Eric