[Simulavr-devel] Structure of the source code

From: Knut Schwichtenberg
Subject: [Simulavr-devel] Structure of the source code
Date: Sat, 05 Jan 2008 16:55:28 +0100

Hi,

to understand a little bit better about simulavrxx I took a look to the source
directory and would like you to explain a little of the source structure.

I only mention the cpp-File for my grouping.

The first group I think I found is what I call the "Unspecific-AVR" which
consists of:
hwacomp.cpp hweeprom.cpp hwmegaextirq.cpp hwmegatimer.cpp  hwspi.cpp
hwstack.cpp hwtimer.cpp  hwwado.cpp       hwad.cpp         hwextirq.cpp
hwmegatimer0123irq.cpp   hwport.cpp       hwsreg.cpp       hwtimer01irq.cpp
hwuart.cpp               flash.cpp

The next group I would call the "AVR-Devices" which consists of:
at4433.cpp   at8515.cpp   atmega128.cpp

Then there is the "GDB-Interface":
gdbserver.cpp  mysocket.cpp   net.cpp   trace.cpp

I think there is a kind of Glue:
helper.cpp  main.cpp

And at least there is the "Environment"
kbdgentables.cpp  keyboard.cpp lcd.cpp pinatport.cpp pin.cpp scope.cpp
serialrx.cpp      serialtx.cpp systemclock.cpp       ui.cpp

Some files left open maybe you could assign them:
decoder.cpp   decoder_trace.cpp  avrdevice.cpp  avrerror.cpp  avrmalloc.cpp
hardware.cpp  hwport.cpp         ioregs.cpp     irqsystem.cpp memory.cpp
pinatport.cpp printable.cpp      rwmem.cpp      application.cpp

After knowing a little more about the sources I'll go through try to understand
all the rest of the files and what needs to be asked further :-).

Cheers
Knut