Re: [Simulavr-devel] Structure of the source code

From: Knut Schwichtenberg
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] Structure of the source code
Date: Sun, 06 Jan 2008 18:03:49 +0100

Hi Klaus,

thanks for clearing. I'll go through you comments and start with:
Klaus Rudolph wrote:
>> systemclock.cpp
>>
> Every "consumer" needs to be registered here. All kind of timing events
> could be generated, especialy asynchrous ones!
Is systemclock which is also used in the simulation examples the crystal
frequency or a simulation resolution without any dependency to the oscillator
frequency?
This leads to the next how could I read how many cycles / time did it took to
run a program from line A to line B in a program while it is simulated? Is
systemclock used for this purpose or for serial-IO / timers only?

What does asynchronous events mean in this contents?

Knut