Re: [Simulavr-devel] Small patch series for simulavrxx

From: Joel Sherrill
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] Small patch series for simulavrxx
Date: Tue, 03 Mar 2009 18:30:39 -0600

Weddington, Eric wrote:
-----Original Message-----
From: address@hidden [mailto:address@hidden
u.org] On Behalf Of Onno Kortmann
Sent: Tuesday, March 03, 2009 5:11 PM
To: address@hidden

Hi,
what follows a series of patches for simulavrxx which I think are
mostly of discussion/development quality. [...]
Please do not post patches to the mailing list as they get
lost quickly.
I asked this before on the ML and Klaus wrote in private mail that it is best to use the patch tracker for 'finished' patches. So I am a bit confused
now. Initially I used the patch tracker but switched to the ML exactly
because I consider the patches 'discussion'.

Oh, I'm sorry, I did not realize that this was for discussion. I assumed these
were ready-to-commit patches.

I think that you and Joel Sherrill should coordinate, as there might (or might
not) be overlap with both your patch sets regarding autotools stuff. Please see
what he is doing here:
<http://ftp.rtems.org/ftp/pub/rtems/people/joel/simulavrxx/>

I am out of town but (unfortunately) working in a hotel tonight.

I now have the regression tests working with autotools.
AFAIK that is the last major piece of the existing code base
that needed to work with the autotools build infrastructure.
I missed it earlier.

I am now in the middle of incorporating Knut Schwichtenberg's
new demos and lcd support.
With any luck, Thursday I will replace the tarball with an
updated one with Knut's stuff in it.

I also want to give simulavrxx the command line functionality
from avrtest so it meets the needs of tool testers.  That won't
be there Thursday.
I also do not understand how the patches get lost - I mean, they're in the mailing
list archive, aren't they?

They get lost in memory. People forget they are on the ML, what date, from
whom, etc. It's always easier to refer to a database.

Indeed. I lose patches all the time in the RTEMS world.
address@hidden        On-Line Applications Research
  Support Available             (256) 722-9985