Re: [Simulavr-devel] new joel simulavrxx autoconf tarball

From: Klaus Rudolph
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] new joel simulavrxx autoconf tarball
Date: Fri, 06 Mar 2009 09:36:50 +0100

Hi Joel,

I did a merge to actual cvs on my system and tried to do a bootstrap/configure but run into trouble:
-------------
with_bfd_path = /home/zfrdh/work/binutils-2.19/build_avr
with_libiberty_path = check
nm: '/home/zfrdh/work/binutils-2.19/build_avr/lib/libbfd.a': No such file
configure: error: /home/zfrdh/work/binutils-2.19/build_avr DOES NOT appear to be the location of the avr-built lib/libbfd.a or include/bfd.h or is an incompatable version of the avr libbfd\n Please use the --with-bfd-path=<path to your avr-built libbfd library>
-----------
The problem seems to be, that the default build of binutils has no path "libs". On my build it is ".libs". A copy of libbfd is also direct in bfd.

Could you expand the tests as needed?

After I fake that in my binutils path I could compile! Fine!

But now I have no simulavr.so and swig was not running.
So no example could run :-(

Whats my problem?

----

After fixing this I will test a bit and then I will write that to cvs. But actually I am not able to do any test, because no executable is available for the tests :-)

Thanks
 Klaus

Some improvements since earlier this week.  Hoping
it is approaching "good enough".  The new version is
at:

http://www.rtems.org/ftp/pub/rtems/people/joel/simulavrxx/

Eric W. tried it on MingW and that lead to these changes:

 - --disable-tcl added
 - if tcl.h not found, disable tcl

I did the following
 - add configure regression suite to autoconf
 - runs it for "make check"
 - passes all regression tests (no work on my part, just saying)
 - detect ddd.  If you have it, the various debug scripts
   use it.  Otherwise, they just invoke gdb directly.

Various things from Knut Schwichtenberg <address@hidden>
   - stdiodemo (UART and LCD)
   - LCD code improvements to work like real hardware
   - added AT Keyboard example

This builds on Fedora 10.  Might build elsewhere but
who knows.  I only address one issue. :)