Re: [Simulavr-devel] new joel simulavrxx autoconf tarball

From: Joel Sherrill
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] new joel simulavrxx autoconf tarball
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2009 07:17:01 -0600

Joerg Wunsch wrote:
As Klaus Rudolph wrote:

If you have installed same version for host and avr there is no need to have "special" headers.

Normally, the AVR version of binutils doesn't install a libbfd.a at
all.  As long as the OS comes along with its own libbfd.a (and
matching bfd.h), it might be usable anyway.
OK.  I just checked my Fedora install and indeed I have
these in the native install:

$ rpm -qf /usr/lib/libbfd.a /usr/include/bfd.h
binutils-devel-2.18.50.0.9-8.fc10.i386
binutils-devel-2.18.50.0.9-8.fc10.i386

I will add to my todo list to try this version on the build
and test if it is available.
Of course, the library and header file used must always match, this
is a pretty obvious requirement for every library.
Yes.  And the autoconf test must really check on the pair.

--joel