Re: [Simulavr-devel] simulavr Tcl Framework committed

From: Joel Sherrill
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] simulavr Tcl Framework committed
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 13:54:04 -0500

address@hidden wrote:
On Wed Mar 25 15:46 , Joel Sherrill address@hidden> sent:

I committed simulavr.tcl in the examples directory.
anacomp, simple_ex1, and fred are converted to use it.

Something is not quite right with the stdiodemo
using the framework.  I didn't delete the old way
but added the new one in case someone wants to help
figure out the issue before I get back in the morning.

I didn't touch the example/spi since I am not
even sure it works yet.  Michael..?

If you mean me, I'm here, but I haven't run any simulations lately.
There are two Michael's and Michael Moran has some code
and an SPI example which I committed that I am pretty sure
is not running right.  So this time you are not the Michael
on the hook. :)

Feedback is important.  Examples, more tests, more documentation,
missing features.  All submissions are important.
That said, I managed to run bootstrap without letting any smoke out.
I ran configure from a separate directory, even though the documentation says
otherwise.
I test like that myself.
make and make check ran without apparent error.
What host are you on?  Do we get lucky enough to add
another one the success list?
Those who have read my much earlier e-mails know this is a big improvement.
I haven't tried make install yet.
This isn't part of my employment.
It's being done in my copious spare time.
:)  I have done a lot of work myself that way.  I have
a computer at home dedicated to things I don't get
paid to work on.
I am really pleased with the clean up this does
and I think it will make it easier to create custom
simulations.

Michael Hennebry
address@hidden