RE: [Simulavr-devel] anacomp getting reserved access messages

From: Schwichtenberg, Knut
Subject: RE: [Simulavr-devel] anacomp getting reserved access messages
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 12:55:45 +0100

> > here you find a usage for  "-W 0x20,-". 0x20 in the
> RAM-Area of the AVR is identicall to 0x00 in the IO-Space
> which is forbidden by most AVR's. This loop puts normally
> 10.000 "*" on you terminal. Maybe it's in there to delay or
> only to confuse the maintainer ;-).
> I thought of that but there was no way to turn that on via Tcl
> until I did my work.  So I guess this is just a left over
> hunk of code.
I'm nuot sure. If you run this in simulavrxx(.exe) as a command line program
than it is working as expected, but surely not in the GUI.

> > BTW: The comment block at the top of the source is fully
> nonsense in conjunction with the source code.
> >

> :)
> > The 0x5e - I'm guessing - might have to do with compiling
> the source for CPU A and using it on CPU B, is it?
> >

> The reserved message can also come out when the CPU
> .cpp file has temporarily marked it as such.
>
> set dev1 [new_AvrDevice_at90s4433]
>
> And this code is in that cpu
>
>         rw[0x5e]= new RWReserved(this);
For the S4433 this is reserved, but if the object file was compile for the M128
this SPH :-). Based on the binary you can not decide for which CPU it was
compiled. Therefore check your Makefile which CPU is addressed there and
recompile it.

Maybe this could be handle as an extension for gcc /gas? Any comments?