Re: [Simulavr-devel] anacomp getting reserved access messages

From: Joel Sherrill
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] anacomp getting reserved access messages
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 10:15:22 -0500

Schwichtenberg, Knut wrote:
RTFM helps :-)! The gcc-version you are using is inserting code that chages
reserved cells! Reading the datasheet makes it clear 0x5e is Reserved! 0x5f is
SREG and 0x5d is SP (not SPL/SPH) - so this depricated CPU shows cells that are
marked reserved, gcc inserts code that changes them and simulavrxx detects it.
Everything is fine!

OK. But any idea why this instruction is hitting a reserved
address 0x5e? I must admit I don't know the CPU

58: cd b7 in r28, 0x3d ; 61
5a: de b7 in r29, 0x3e ; 62

And what causes this code to be generated? I don't see anything
that corresponds to it in main.c. Does this then qualify as a gcc bug?

$ avr-gcc --version
avr-gcc (GCC) 4.3.3
$ rpm -q avr-gcc
avr-gcc-4.3.3-1.fc10.i386

Fast work-around: Change the CPU to M128 and ensure you also change the analog
comparator pin accordingly.

You guys assume I know more about the AVR than I do. LOL!

This is my first real AVR project. RTEMS experiences
are just making the build and Tcl work go quickly.
No simulavrxx error!

I am glad to hear that we don't have a simulavr bug here or
in something I changed.