RE: [Simulavr-devel] Uniform the code

From: address@hidden
Subject: RE: [Simulavr-devel] Uniform the code
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2009 08:00:54 -0700

On Sun Apr 12  2:05 , "Weddington, Eric"  sent:

C++ programmer. But instead of having bickering on the list, I suggest that it
be
solved with scientific methods: code up the different ways to do it, test each
one and see which method is the fastest. Numbers and measurement should rule the
argument.

The test shouldn't be too hard to run.
We already have an example of each.
We just need code that will run on both an atmega128 and a atmega48.
I'd be rather surprised if adding a layer of indirection speeded up the
simulation.
The question would be whether the slowdown was significant.

Absent either a major surprise about speed or news about the benefits of
pointers,
we should aggregate cpu parts directly.

Bickering?

--