RE: [Simulavr-devel] Discussion: how to proceed withthedeveloment on GIT

From: address@hidden
Subject: RE: [Simulavr-devel] Discussion: how to proceed withthedeveloment on GIT repo?
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 08:51:46 -0700

On Wed Sep 30  0:53 , "Weddington, Eric"  sent:
>Honetly though, I think that the continued discussion about which VCS to use is
a big distraction. It's more important to move simulavr forward, and the VCS is
just a tool to help us keep track of the code. I don't care which one is used:
CVS, SVN, or git. There are tradeoffs wherever we go. If git is chosen, then
more
time would have to be spent changing over the VCS instead of working on
simulavr.

IIRC, for one who knows what he is doing,
conversion from CVS to subversion or git is trivial.

Onno:
Would you make subversion and git copies of the current
CVS repo on your machine and make an announcement?
Once that is done, the discussion can be in terms
of what we want instead of how hard it is to get it.

--
Michael Hennebry
address@hidden