Re: [Simulavr-devel] ATmega168 support code

From: Petr Hluzín
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] ATmega168 support code
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 2010 18:54:31 +0100

Hi

2010/1/4 Wojciech Stryjewski <address@hidden>:
> I was browsing through the simulavrxx CVS repository and it looks like you
> guys are starting to add support for the ATmega168? If anyone is interested,
> I'm currently adding ATmega168 support to VMLAB (a mixed-mode AVR simulator

It seems you have implemented all 3 of ATmega168's timers. Our CVS
code [1] does only the timer0 for ATmega48/88/168 (and what is worse,
the code does not provide diagnostics for the unimplemented timers).
The Git branch [2] does implement the timer 1 and 2, it seems.

[1]
http://cvs.savannah.gnu.org/viewvc/simulavrxx/src/atmega668base.cpp?revision=1.1&root=simulavr&view=markup
[2] http://github.com/onnokort/simulavrxx/blob/master/src/atmega668base.cpp

> Although my code is designed around the VMLAB APIs, you might still be able
> to use parts of it in simulavr. Right now I have all three timers
> implemented including the waveforms they generate on the I/O pins.

VMLAB API can be used by DLLs simulating external circuitity, like
LEDs and displays. Currently on Windows only.
I was wandering if it would be possible for simulavr/xxx to provide
VMLAB-like API and reuse such modules.

On the other hand we provide interface for Tcl, Python and other
SWIG-compatible languages, though. VMLAB users may like interfacing
with scripting languages more.

--
Petr Hluzin