Re: [Simulavr-devel] ATmega168 support code

From: Wojciech Stryjewski
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] ATmega168 support code
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 2010 15:25:09 -0600

On Mon, Jan 4, 2010 at 11:54 AM, Petr Hluzín <address@hidden> wrote:

> The Git branch [2] does implement the timer 1 and 2, it seems.
> [2]
> http://github.com/onnokort/simulavrxx/blob/master/src/atmega668base.cpp

Oh, you're right. I wasn't aware there was a newer Git repository.

> VMLAB API can be used by DLLs simulating external circuitity, like
> LEDs and displays. Currently on Windows only.
> I was wandering if it would be possible for simulavr/xxx to provide
> VMLAB-like API and reuse such modules.

If that's something you guys are interested in, I could certainly answer any
questions about how the VMLAB APIs work. Some of the existing components
could even be made cross-platform if the GUI code is commented out (for
example my I2C EEPROM component)

> On the other hand we provide interface for Tcl, Python and other
> SWIG-compatible languages, though. VMLAB users may like interfacing
> with scripting languages more.

I know some of the VMLAB users have complained about the C/C++ only
interface being a little hard to use, so they would probably prefer
scripting. I've even thought about using the
http://root.cern.ch/drupal/content/cint C/C++ interpreter as a possible
scripting interface, but I'm not sure if using it would be much easier than
just compiling the C++ code directly.