Re: [Simulavr-devel] [patch #7030] do not eat 100% CPU if GDB disconnect

From: ThomasK
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] [patch #7030] do not eat 100% CPU if GDB disconnects
Date: Tue, 05 Jan 2010 17:19:38 +0100

Hi Petr,

if I understand it right, this patch is useless. You check list of simulation members if empty or not. But in any case (and if you start simulation not by python interface, for example) calling empty() will allways be false. Even, if you start it as gdb server!

The reason for eating cpu time is to find in gdb server design (in my opinion). If there is no connection and of course no communication the behaviour is like a free running simulation. And (if there are no other waiting points) it uses so much cpu time as it can get.

cu, Thomas

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
Originator Email: Open/Closed: Open