Re: [Simulavr-devel] Trouble building master branch

From: ThomasK
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] Trouble building master branch
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2010 17:48:56 +0200

Hi Raphael,

make a pull from repo and try it again! There was a bug, it misses 2 config files. (if you don't see it, you'll forget it ... ;-) )

ATmega32 is supported in master branch. (it should work, but I had not so much projects to test it!)

cu, Thomas

Raphaël Martin schrieb:
Hi,
I'm new to AVR world, and am very interested in simulavr for automated testing
purposes.
My target is ATmega32, which seems to be not supported by simulavr.
I followed Onno and Thomas how-tos and got the source code. I was able to build the
"stable branch" on my Debian Lenny (only had to use a backported version of
libtool), but this version does'nt seem to include ATmega32 support (please correct me if
I'm wrong).
But in "master branch" version, there seems to be some kind of support for this
chip.

Unfortunately I'm unable to build it.
Here's what I get :
$ ./bootstrap
(...)
$ ./configure
(...)
checking for vvp... no
checking for tex... no
configure: WARNING:
configure: WARNING: Tcl Development Kit Not Installed
configure: WARNING: Not building Tcl interface or examples
configure: WARNING:
configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating regress/regress.py
config.status: error: cannot find input file: Makefile.in

Full log is attached. Something must be missing in my environment, but I can't
figure what :-/
Can anybody help please ?

Thanks in advance
Raphaël Martin