Re: [Simulavr-devel] Trouble building master branch

From: Raphaël Martin
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] Trouble building master branch
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 15:56:22 +0200

Hi Thomas,
you were right, that worked (also had to install swig though)
I still have the "TCL missing" warning. Haven't found yet which package is
missing.

As a reminder, here are the packages needed to install in order to build
simulavr on a Debian Stable (Lenny) :
- for "stable" branch :
  $ apt-get install zlib1g zlib1g-dev g++ binutils-dev autoconf gettext libtool
git avr-libc binutils-avr gcc-avr make
- for "master" branch (in addition to stable packages) :
  $ apt-get install python-dev swig
  $ vi /etc/apt/sources.list (add deb http://www.backports.org/debian
lenny-backports main contrib non-free)
  $ apt-get update
  $ apt-get install debian-backports-keyring
  $ apt-get install libtool (brings backported version 2.2.6, instead of stable
version 1.5.26)
(maybe some required packages where already installed, but this server's
installation was recent)

Not sure what's better about python. Enabling python through configure resulted
in a compile error. Had to install python headers packages, then another
compile error about missing swig.
So default behaviour would be to produce build errors on a common user
configuration. I would say that working out-of-the-box is important.
If it's possible to enable it by default, but to disable it through autoconf if
not all required elements are found on the system, this would be a good
solution. Not an expert but shouldn't it be doable through autoconf ?

Raph