Re: [Simulavr-devel] Address of breakpoints from source lines

From: ThomasK
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] Address of breakpoints from source lines
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2010 15:23:30 +0200

Hi,

I'm again ... ;-)

Sebastian schrieb:
> Hi,
> is there a way to get breakpoint-adresses for source code lines
> directly from simulavr (with the python interface)?

I'ts possible to set and remove breakpoints by python interface, see method assertInitDone in regress/modules/simtestutil.py. You use the vector BP in AvrDevice. And for this you have to give a address as parameter. In assertInitDone address is read from symbol table in Flash (see also src/avrdevice.h) If you want to get addresses for every source line, you have to read it out from elf file before! (if you compiled and linked with debug informations - option -g!) I'm not sure, if there is a possibility with the BFD interface, see documentation for libbfd. The other way would be (or the only one, if BFD hasn't such feature) to read out elf "by hand" and there the debug informations. (in stabs or dwarf format) That's the way, debugger get's the informations. A list "address by source line" dosn't exists in simulavr.

cu, Thomas