Re: [Simulavr-devel] ATmega328 Emulation

From: David Madden
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] ATmega328 Emulation
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2011 08:23:31 -0800

On 02/17/2011 07:57 AM, Petr Hluzín wrote:

Actually this is a bug in simulavr. In file src/cmd/gdbserver.cpp in
function GdbServer::gdb_read_memory(const char *pkt) change these
lines:

Thanks, Petr. (I had started looking at the GDB debugging output from Simulavr, and it appeared that the problem was in there -- GDB was asking for reasonable things, but the simulator was reporting things wrong. I was going to start debugging Simulavr tonight.)

I'll make your changes and see what happens.

Simulavr also eats 100% CPU when waiting for GDB. What a shame, I
should fix that before anyone notices. :) (But I did not write the
crappy function.)

That would be great -- I had noticed that problem too, but I thought maybe the simulator was in "Run" state except when GDB tells it to stop at a breakpoint? But this sounds like a busy-waiting loop in the read() from GDB. Who writes code like that? :-)

Regards,
--
Mersenne Law LLC  ·  www.mersenne.com  ·  +1-503-679-1671
- Small Business, Startup and Intellectual Property Law -