Re: [Simulavr-devel] [SimulAVR development] Maintained or not?

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] [SimulAVR development] Maintained or not?
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2011 23:01:15 +0100

As Petr Hluzín wrote:

> So, is it the C variant maintained? Maybe.

Not really.  The main reason this variant still exists at all is that
avr-libc's regression testing uses it, and it uses some of the more
obscure features of it (like the ability to leave a "coredump" file
after the simulation has stopped that can then be analyzed
externally), which I don't think makes much sense to import them into
the C++ version.  A broad variety of supported devices is not
important for this anyway, as it's mostly about verifying algorithms.

I wonder which bug reports there are ... Well, I might look into them
if someone really asks me about it.