Re: [Simulavr-devel] Tiny10 Family Support

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] Tiny10 Family Support
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 07:51:21 +0100

As Weddington, Eric wrote:

> > The idea is to run the testsuite (dejagnu or more) per architecture
> > choosing some candidate device. [...]

> There is *no* simulator, especially an open source simulator, that
> is going to have atiny10 family support, or xmega support.

However, as far as dejagnu is concerned, it's only the CPU core
feature set that matters, doesn't it?  In that case, it should be
relatively simple to add attiny10 and Xmega as their only difference
is a couple of instructions, and a reduced number of CPU core
registers in the tiny10 case.  Typically, the most difficult part for
a simulator to implement is all the IO subsystem stuff.

Maybe the author of avrtest would be helpful to extend it into that
direction?  Seems to be a more promising approach to me than trying to
explore any and all opensource simulators that has ever been written
for the AVR.

But well, this is not the simulavr which is the subject of this
mailing list here, so I think the discussion should be held elsewhere.