Re: [Simulavr-devel] Connect with gdb to a core of a python simulation

From: Petr Hluzín
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] Connect with gdb to a core of a python simulation
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2011 21:21:29 +0200

On 15 August 2011 22:29, Marek Pietrzak <address@hidden> wrote:
> I don't see the GdbServer class being exported to Python in SWIG file,
> so the answer is most likely no. Perhaps because it's kind of weird
> using gdb when you can get all about the internal state of the device
> with Python alone. Why do you want gdb in your simulation?

(Strange. Your mail arrived to my inbox just few hours ago.)

Because Python cannot get all the internal state like call stack, what
is the value of a variable or an expression. Python script can only
get state of registers and (through BFD library) global variables with
elemental types (no struct).

Furthermore a script can also be used to only simulate an external
circuity - not control/investigate the simulation.

--
Petr Hluzin