Re: [Simulavr-devel] Connect with gdb to a core of a python simulation

From: Marek Pietrzak
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] Connect with gdb to a core of a python simulation
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2011 22:42:47 +0200

Ok, I can see the point now. I was curious and exported GdbServer class
with SWIG. Looks like it works without much effort. The usage would be
roughly the following:

sc = pysimulavr.SystemClock.Instance()
dev = pysimulavr.AvrFactory.instance().makeDevice(avrproc)
dev.SetClockFreq(62)
dev.Load(elffile)
port = 2144
gdb = pysimulavr.GdbServer(dev,port,0)
sc.Add(gdb)
sc.Endless()

I was able to connect with gdb and do simple debugging though I'm not
sure how stable that is. That's 3 changed lines total if you're
interested in this change