Re: [Simulavr-devel] Connect with gdb to a core of a python simulation

From: Petr Hluzín
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] Connect with gdb to a core of a python simulation
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2011 22:41:30 +0200

On 17 August 2011 21:21, Sebastian
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Am Dienstag, den 16.08.2011, 22:42 +0200 schrieb Marek Pietrzak:
>> I was able to connect with gdb and do simple debugging though I'm not
>> sure how stable that is. That's 3 changed lines total if you're
>> interested in this change
> I am.

I am interested too.
I assume simulavr.i has to be changed - somehow. Are there more changes?
(I have been looking forward to tinker with python interface for a long time.)

> With this change, is it only possible to connect to one core of a
> multicore simulation (the interface supports assigning gdb-ports to
> devices but the implementation has some global state), or was the
> following statement wrong?

There is no global state. (The static GdbServer::allGdbServers is not
a problem.)
Maybe I was wrong and multiple servers are possible. I just never
considered the scenario.

--
Petr Hluzin