Re: [Simulavr-devel] Settings for stackpointer

From: Klaus Rudolph
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] Settings for stackpointer
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2016 09:52:30 +0100

> Gesendet: Dienstag, 23. Februar 2016 um 01:16 Uhr
> Von: "Petr Hluzín" <address@hidden>
> An: "Klaus Rudolph" <address@hidden>
> Cc: "Joerg Wunsch" <address@hidden>, Simulavr-devel <address@hidden>
> Betreff: Re: [Simulavr-devel] Settings for stackpointer
>
> Simulavr does not implement a device that would use the three-level
> stack. The code ThreeLevelStack in src\hwstack.h is not reachable, it
> is dead, therefore there cannot be a discussion about dropping the
> feature.

There was already an implementation. I don't know the history but it was
available. That you do not need a discussion is not my point.

> About the cost: Do you know that in general having more complex code
> makes maintenance a more difficult?

I dislike your argumentation. You should not try to tell me what programming
means.

So let is find a way to make simulavr a better tool for *all*. And having a
different stack implementation is nothing which makes the code unmaintainable.
The interface from core to stack is really simple so we should not start with
meta discussions that this makes simple things complicated.

What is wrong with keeping working things if they don't disturb? I can't
understand your position.

Thanks!
Klaus