sipwitch-devel

Re: [Sipwitch-devel] call forwarding configuration

From: David Sugar
Subject: Re: [Sipwitch-devel] call forwarding configuration
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2013 06:21:23 -0400

I have been away and kept rather busy, as I had been nominated and
elected as vice chief for our nation this past weekend, much to my
complete astonishment.

Forwarding, as I recall, from the xml, was meant to be simple:

 <user id="testing">
  <display>Testing</display>
  <forwarding>
    <na>na-target</na>
    <busy>busy-target</busy>
  </forwarding>
 </user>

na is of course no answer.  Busy is busy.  dnd forwarding I believe
still is in the code base also...  At least this represents how the
lookup was supposed to go for forwarding in the xml config tree.  This
should make it easier to validate the original code for this, which I do
not think has been touched in a long time.

Sipwitch basically takes in the xml, and builds a xml data tree in
memory directly from the tags and attributes.  The in memory tree is
stored as an instance configuration, and kept active while there are
still active call sessions.  Hence, when the server configuration is
reloaded, the complete configuration exists in more than one instance;
an "older" one (and there can be more than one) which is disposed when
the last call made under it completes, and the "current" one which is
offered to new call sessions.  That is how we maintain 100% uptime...