sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] Re: Mini-SKS

From: Jason Harris
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] Re: Mini-SKS
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 13:58:36 -0400

On Wed, Jun 23, 2004 at 09:07:03AM -0400, Yaron Minsky wrote:

> It's possible now.  You could run "sks db" without running the "sks
> recon" process that does the reconciliation.  You should still
> configure SKS with the email addresses of some other PKS servers, so
> that keys submitted to your keyserver will be forwarded to the PKS
> system at large.  If you don't provide the email addresses, SKS will
> litter your logfile with complaints, but otherwise things should work
> normally.
>
> I've forwarded this to SKS-devel in case anyone there has some input.

(Stop top-posting?!  :)

> On Wed, 23 Jun 2004 14:16:47 +0300, Robert Golovniov
> <address@hidden> wrote:

> >   Additionally,  how  can I switch off the synchronization function of
> >   the key, so that the size of the log files does not become too big?

I rebuilt SKS 1.0.7 using Berkeley DB 4.2.52.  The one compile error
was easily fixed:

  http://www.sleepycat.com/docs/ref/upgrade.4.2/client.html

Then, in the PTree and KDB directories, I added this file:

  %cat DB_CONFIG
  set_flags DB_LOG_AUTOREMOVE

So far, only the last two logfiles (up to 10MB each) are being kept
in each database directory/environment.

(Also, on FreeBSD, I removed --with-uniquename from CONFIGURE_ARGS
in .../db42/Makefile.db to quickly (well, after a rebuild) get
around the linking problem it was causing.)

Note, however, that even after removing the __db.00* and log.* files
from each database directory/environment, I kept getting a fatal error
mentioning logfiles.  I only tried a rebuild (fastbuild) of the databases,
which fixed the error.

--
Jason Harris           |  NIC:  JH329, PGP:  This _is_ PGP-signed, isn't it?
address@hidden _|_ web:  http://keyserver.kjsl.com/~jharris/