sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] Unde(r)served HKPS [was: Underserved areas?]

From: dirk astrath
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] Unde(r)served HKPS [was: Underserved areas?]
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2018 20:10:35 +0000

Hi Kristian,

A misissued cert could still be used if attacker is persistent enough. Either
through dns poision or other attack vectors.
And yes, I only issue certs to servers I recognize to have been in the pool for
a while and operator should be in the openpgp wot strong-set.

Maybe it's wise if give some more details to the *.csr-file ... as you will not sign certificate requests containing unneeded/unverifyable/... information.

(Well ... at CAcert site we remove all data we couldn't verify from CSR and create the certificate only with the details we're able to verify ... this could be a possibility for you, too.).

And ... (remembering a discussion we had at Fosdem last year):

Maybe you give some dates like (please provide CSR-requests before 2018-xx-01), so there will only some special days per year for your to sign a bunch of requests instead of getting the requests all over the year ...

Kind regards,

dirk

PS: Which reminds me, that i wanted to send you updated CSRs ... ;-)