Re: [Social-discuss] inclusion of OpenID?

From: Matt Lee
Subject: Re: [Social-discuss] inclusion of OpenID?
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 09:36:56 -0400

On 08/25/2009 09:32 AM, Daniel Aguayo C. wrote:

> I remember a discussion in identi.ca about if OpenID was Libre, and the
> conclusion was a negative, something concerning about trademarks, logos,
> etc. Do you know anything (perhaps, FreeID development is inminent)?

We can and should support OpenID logins... we don't need to worry about
their trademarks and logos. We're not going to use them. I really do not
think they would have a problem with people using OpenID in their free
software, when they release a free software library for OpenID.

Migration from LibreFM logins to Social/OpenID can happen later too.