[Social-discuss] Control own privacy, posted by _others_

From: Matija Šuklje
Subject: [Social-discuss] Control own privacy, posted by _others_
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2010 21:50:19 +0200

Another problem with existing social networking sites that I see
increasing lately is that people are maintaining their accounts and log in
regularly just to make sure no-one posted anything about them that they
don't agree with (e.g. party photos).

I propose that GNU Social has a option where the everyone would have the
option to decide whether they want to approve of something publicly posted
about them or not.

This could be done by e.g. having in the settings an option that would
say:

Whenever someone tags something (e.g. a photo) with my name on it or posts
something on my page/"wall"[1] I want:
[] not to be bothered about it.
[] to be informed that it happened, so I can check it out and approve or
disapprove of it.
[] to be informed about it and that it is not posted until I have approved
of it.

Perhaps we could also implement a way to offer the user to make the photo
or data anonymous — e.g. if just one person has disagreed with a group
photo, there could be a system to just blur out that person's face and
remove his name tag from the photo.

What do you think about it?

Cheers,
Matija
-.-.-
[1] If we're planing to use that crap anyway.
--
gsm: +386 41 849 552
www: http://matija.suklje.name