Re: [Social-discuss] Interoperability?

From: Ted Smith
Subject: Re: [Social-discuss] Interoperability?
Date: Thu, 27 May 2010 21:14:03 -0400

On Thu, 2010-05-27 at 20:26 -0400, Jameson Rollins wrote:
> On Thu, 27 May 2010 19:57:19 -0400, Matt Lee <address@hidden> wrote:
> > No closed doors, just a discussion that's going on between the guys who
> > are going to do a lot of the heavy lifting on this over the summer.
> >
> > They've been doing some work on looking at different codebases and are
> > on the verge of making a decision, I hope.
>
> Hey, folks.  I'm fairly new to this list and I now gather that this list
> is geared toward a particular distributed social network platform that
> some people are trying to put together (which I guess is called
> "gnu-social").  I also gather that there have been some somewhat closed
> discussions happening between developers of different platforms
> (gnu-social, diaspora, etc.) about interoperability.  Is there a list
> where a more open discussion is happening about that, ie. about open
> distributed social-networking *protocols*?  I would much rather be on
> that list.

The two public mailing lists I have knowledge of are this one, and this
one: <http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/social/>

I think a lot of developers of various platforms are already on this
list. The point of the GNU Social project as of now is to put together a
protocol and a reference implementation for that protocol.