Re: [Social-discuss] Future of GNU social

From: Melvin Carvalho
Subject: Re: [Social-discuss] Future of GNU social
Date: Fri, 28 May 2010 20:32:45 +0200

2010/5/28 Rob Myers <address@hidden>
On 05/28/2010 07:20 PM, Melvin Carvalho wrote:

   No other protocol has the same mixture of maturity (as you point
   out), large existing deployment base, and FSF-assigned code.

RDF?  Over a decade of collaboration, specs, libraries, tools etc.
Deployment across Government (US+UK), Facebook, IMDB, Google, Yahoo,
MySpace, NASA etc. etc.  Bullet proof royalty free licensing, rather
than patent, non attribution.

For the record, I'm not opposed to the OStatus choice, but I do feel it
slightly inaccurate to say there was nothing else comparable out there.

That's why I very carefully listed the three properties that I did. :-)

You got me, which did I miss?  Are you saying status.net have dontated their code to the FSF, or you mean it runs under AGPL?

- Rob.