straw-devel

Re: [Straw-devel] imagecache overhaul, next release?

From: Juri Pakaste
Subject: Re: [Straw-devel] imagecache overhaul, next release?
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2003 12:59:29 +0300

On Fri, 2003-10-17 at 10:12, Jan Alonzo wrote:
> On Fri, 2003-10-17 at 06:50, Juri Pakaste wrote:
> > Images no longer store the image data, they just fetch it from the

(clarification: Images here meant Image objects, as defined in
ImageCache.py)

> > database. This alone should reduce memory usage quite a bit; haven't
> > compared it to older versions, though.
>
> what's stored in the database?

A list of image URLs (with the key "images") and with the key
image:imageurl the raw image data for each image. Now when an Image
object is asked for data (MainWindow.ItemView's request_url method or
something like that), it just asks ItemStore for it.

> > Before starting to work on the item loading/unloading (and frankly I
> > don't feel much like doing it right now, will probably focus on
> > something else instead), I think it would be good to push out 0.20. Jan,
> > how do things look at your end? Do you think we would be able to put out
> > a new version any time soon? Any significant regressions as compared to
> > 0.19, any stuff you want to finish before the next release?
>
> Yeah, probably this weekend. I'm fixing subscribedialog atm.

BTW, I noticed that with the current subscription list, you have no way
of knowing where a particular feed is located. I find that slightly
disturbing :-)

> What about the parser and makefile issues? Well, I can just add a
> comment what to edit in the Makefile so that's pretty much a non-issue
> :) (and it's only a line!)

Let's move to using rssparser only (have to get rid of the happy/sad
face too, too bad :-) if you find it's really significantly faster. What
was the Makefile issue again?

--
[ Juri Pakaste / address@hidden / http://www.iki.fi/juri/ ]