straw-devel

Re: [Straw-devel] imagecache overhaul, next release?

From: Jan Alonzo
Subject: Re: [Straw-devel] imagecache overhaul, next release?
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2003 10:42:22 +1000

Hi,

On Sat, 2003-10-18 at 19:59, Juri Pakaste wrote:
> > what's stored in the database?
>
> A list of image URLs (with the key "images") and with the key
> image:imageurl the raw image data for each image. Now when an Image
> object is asked for data (MainWindow.ItemView's request_url method or
> something like that), it just asks ItemStore for it.

thanks.

> > > B.19, any stuff you want to finish before the next release?
> >
> > Yeah, probably this weekend. I'm fixing subscribedialog atm.
>
> BTW, I noticed that with the current subscription list, you have no way
> of knowing where a particular feed is located. I find that slightly
> disturbing :-)

uhmm... ok. will add that. :)

> > What about the parser and makefile issues? Well, I can just add a
> > comment what to edit in the Makefile so that's pretty much a non-issue
> > :) (and it's only a line!)
>
> Let's move to using rssparser only (have to get rid of the happy/sad
> face too, too bad :-)

ok. i'll probably make a commit today then purge SummaryParser relics in
my copy then see what happens. Uhmm.. I find that the happy face makes
my day really :D

>  if you find it's really significantly faster. What
> was the Makefile issue again?

gconf stuff. but it's ok now (once you point GCONF_SCHEMA_CONFIG_SOURCE
to right source).

Cheers,

--
  .''`.   Jan Alonzo    <jmalonzo at spaceants dot org>
 : :' :         "A coincidence is a scientific anomaly"