straw-devel

Re: [Straw-devel] imagecache overhaul, next release?

From: Jan Alonzo
Subject: Re: [Straw-devel] imagecache overhaul, next release?
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 17:12:21 +1000

Hello,

On Fri, 2003-10-17 at 06:50, Juri Pakaste wrote:
> Second part of the code restructuring to get memory usage to sensible
> levels is done. Well, I expect there'll be need for bugfixes, but
> anyway...

Yay!

> Images no longer store the image data, they just fetch it from the
> database. This alone should reduce memory usage quite a bit; haven't
> compared it to older versions, though.

what's stored in the database?

> Before starting to work on the item loading/unloading (and frankly I
> don't feel much like doing it right now, will probably focus on
> something else instead), I think it would be good to push out 0.20. Jan,
> how do things look at your end? Do you think we would be able to put out
> a new version any time soon? Any significant regressions as compared to
> 0.19, any stuff you want to finish before the next release?

Yeah, probably this weekend. I'm fixing subscribedialog atm.

What about the parser and makefile issues? Well, I can just add a
comment what to edit in the Makefile so that's pretty much a non-issue
:) (and it's only a line!)

--
  .''`.   Jan Alonzo    <jmalonzo at spaceants dot org>
 : :' :         "A coincidence is a scientific anomaly"