straw-devel

[Straw-devel] nasty: confused feeds

From: Juri Pakaste
Subject: [Straw-devel] nasty: confused feeds
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2003 09:21:58 +0300

At the moment in my local Straw a test feed (a local CGI that just
outputs nonsense RSS) and mpt's feed are somehow confused with each
other.

Symptoms:

They share the same items. When I poll the one of the feeds, only the
polled feed gets the new items, but if I quit Straw and start again,
they again have the same items (including the new ones which seemed to
go only to one feed.)

Wild guesses:

ItemStore is somehow confused. After all, we only write there after
startup, we don't read anything back (well, except for images, but that
doesn't matter here.) I did reorder my feeds a bit yesterday, when
creating the test feed. This has probably something to do with that.

I'll have to see what's inside the db. Any guesses welcome; I don't know
if this is a common or a new problem, but it's at least a potential
showstopper for the next release. I'd hate it if this happened to lots
of people.

--
[ Juri Pakaste / address@hidden / http://www.iki.fi/juri/ ]