straw-devel

Re: [Straw-devel] nasty: confused feeds

From: Juri Pakaste
Subject: Re: [Straw-devel] nasty: confused feeds
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2003 10:19:35 +0300

On Sat, 2003-10-25 at 09:21, Juri Pakaste wrote:
> ItemStore is somehow confused. After all, we only write there after
> startup, we don't read anything back (well, except for images, but that
> doesn't matter here.)

OK, I found out the two feeds share the same feed id. Which is rather
interesting, given that supposedly all the ids come from
config.feed_id_seq which is supposed to be a monotonically increasing
sequence (well, feed_id_seq is just a number, but it's incremented each
time before giving out a new id.)

Interestingly, the feed I created yesterday - and mpt's feed - have the
id 142. The test feeds I've created today have had ids 67 and 68. If you
remember the monotonically increasing part, this is totally broken.

The whole feed restoration part is maybe a bit fishy, now that I look at
it, but I can't see with a quick glance what's causing this. But for
whatever reason, apparently the sequence isn't remembered between
sessions.

I'll investigate further, but not right now.

--
[ Juri Pakaste / address@hidden / http://www.iki.fi/juri/ ]