straw-devel

[Straw-devel] Feature Requests, etc.

From: Steven Garrity
Subject: [Straw-devel] Feature Requests, etc.
Date: Sun, 04 Jan 2004 18:48:53 -0400

Straw Feature Requests

Great work so far. I have a few feature requests (posted here in hopes that they will be helpful in setting direction - not just asking for stuff).

1. Keyboard shortcuts for common tasks (refresh feed, refresh all, add new feed, etc.).

2. Terminology (more a question than a request): Why the term "Pool" (as opposed to "Refresh"). Refresh seems a more common/familiar term (hence the default refresh gnome icon).

3. Wide Screen View: http://ranchero.com/netnewswire/features/widescreenview.php

4. The "Feed Information" pane can sometimes, due to it's variable height, hide the currently selected feed. If you have a feed with a short description (or no description) selected, near the bottom of the Subscriptions pane, and then click another feed below it with a longer description, the now-larger feed info page can jump up and obscure the feed you've just clicked on. I'm not sure the best way to handle this (a. auto-scroll the Subscriptions pane to always show selected feed, or b. lock the height of the feed info pane). Neither are great.

Keep up the good work. Anything a non-coder can do to help (I'm a web developer with graphics and UI experience)?

Thanks,
Steven Garrity